Monday, November 23, 2009

Sorry, prices are being raised.

Unfortunately I have to raise my prices from $2.25 to $3.00 per dozen.
If you want to know why, I'll tell you:
I have been keeping a notebook to track all my expenses and my sales, and after a month of record keeping, it turned out that instead of making a profit, I was actually LOSING 75 cents each week.
I am trying to save up for horse-back riding lessons and, well I can't pay someone for that with minus 75 cents. :-(
I know that $3.00 for a dozen eggs might seem like a lot.
In the grocery store you can buy eggs that are cheaper. But, the chickens at Little Rhody Egg Farm (for example) are kept inside a building with lots & lots of chickens crowded together and no space to roam. My hens have everywhere to roam on the property - including visiting me on my porch. And they get lots of love from me.
So think about it, & if you don't agree, just tell me about it in the comments.
Goodnight all.
-HG

4 comments:

  1. That price is definitely fair for the comfort of knowing that the chickens are living a wonderful, natural life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing those eggs come from "loved" chickens makes them taste all the better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi H- I have to admit that they are very yellow and so creamy-
    I am willing to pay this price:)

    ReplyDelete