Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The start of a business. (and a blog)

Hello everyone. As most of you know, I have a business.
It is an egg business.
I have 16 laying hens, and one of them is, of course, Henrietta. As a chick, she was (unfortunately) crushed by a rock. She has healed well, except for the fact that she limps. And when I say limp, I mean LIMP!

So, back to the start of a business.

I didn't start off getting 14 eggs a day, it started with one, then two, then three, and so on. Now, I end up (usually) with 5 and 1/2 dozen by the end of each week. I like to sell all of them, too.

I hope this blog will help sell eggs and keep people informed at whats going on at Hannah's Henhouse.

4 comments:

  1. Hi H,
    Congrats on the new blog!! Coincidentally, I just decided today, because of your brother B, to start using my gmail more regularly and poof! there was your email showcasing this blog :)
    I, for one, am thankful for my biweekly order of 3 dozen eggs. They are so fresh, the yolks are so bright and creamy!
    Be there next Monday with my empty cartons!!
    LY, Aunti Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, tell "us" about your day with chickens. Is it a lot of work? Do they eat a lot? Are they free-range or kept caged? Do they have a fun life? DO you think they are happy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Hannah! You are quite the budding entrepreneur. If you get a free minute, could you tell us exactly how you get the eggs? What sneaky methods work the best? Is it a messy job? Are any of the chickens mean? These are things I am dying to find out! Miss you and must visit soon.

    ReplyDelete